What I remember is buying those commercial patches with the glue on
the back only to discover they do not work unless you sew them in.
If you iron them, the iron melts your lovely snow pant material and unless you sew them in, they come off your garment with aggressive snow play.
We all want our kids to play outside right?
So this is my solution:
- Buy 100% nylon fabric from your local fabric store
- Cut your patch size double the length you need
- Fold it in 1/2 on the length
- Turn all raw edges the the backside and top stitch
- Add batting to the wrong side if needed (sew it to the backside)
- Top stitch this patch to the damaged area of the snow pants using a top stitch or jeans needle.
- Forget the commercial patches, they do not work on snow pants (or at least I have not found any that permanently adhere)
- Put the extra nylon left over in a zip lock bag and label it for future use
- Encourage your children to play in the snow!!!
Happy Monday, hopefully the snow will wait for a little bit longer!!