Priorities had to be set and we all know about that.
I had a lot of errands to run and baking to do and want to share my recent DIY- Easy Christmas Centrepieces
These centrepieces are both affordable and fast and easy to make.
The cost breakdown for 6 table centrepieces:
- Cranberries $5.00
- Burlap $5.50 (3.5 meters purchased)
- Floating Candles $10.17
- Wide Mason Jars $3.40 (a case)
- Table Cloths (Dollar store plastic $6.78 (6),
- Stencil (handmade from a snowflake image found on the internet $0)
- Spray Paint $4.50
- Greenery ( found locally $0) ( I used blue spruce)
- Pine Cones (found locally $0) ( a lovely walk in the forest)
Total cost per table only $5.89 !
Of course if you have items on hand this could be even more affordable
- Cut out your burlap in lengths and widths to suit your tables
- Fray the edges of the burlap
- Using spray paint and stencils, stencil the snowflake on the burlap randomly (let the paint dry over night recommended)
- Fill your mason jar with greenery on the bottom, fill it with cold water, place a handful of cranberries on the top, place the floating candle on the top of the berries
- Cover your table with a table cloth, place the burlap table runner across your table, place the canning jar luminary in the centre of your table runner, surround it with pine cones in an arrangement you like.
Light your candles, admire it and enjoy your time with your family!