You will need to download and print the pentagon shape at the end of the tutorial from my shop/free PDF patterns page, please use the menu above to find this and print out the shape.
Star Christmas Ornament (or Wine Bottle Charm)
You will need:
Small scraps of fabric – one light and one dark to contrast each other
Hand sewing needle
Stretch Beading thread (optional)
Ornament hanger (optional)
Pentagon Shape provided
- Using the pentagon shape provided, cut one from each fabric so that you have 2 pentagons
- Place the shapes right side together and sew ¼” from edge leaving a 1 ½” opening for turning
- Clip all corners close to stitching and turn to right side with a turning tool.
- Turn the opening under ¼” so it looks even and straight and the same as all the other sides, press.
- Mark the center of each side by folding to find the center and mark by pinning. See Photo below:
around and pin. As you can see the star has emerged! See photo below:
bead at the inside point of the star you just created. See Photo below:
9. Sew all inside points as in 7 until they are all sewn down and secure.
See Photo below
the top of your pentagon star, hang on the tree or attach to a bottle of
wine ready for hostess gift giving this holiday season. See photos
below and enjoy!!!
Enjoy, Welcome to December and Happy Tuesday!