The smell alone tonight as it was baking made it irresistable! As you can see from the picture above, we have already sliced it and started to enjoy it.
It has great texture, it's very moist and the perfect banana flavoured sweetness. It is wonderful served warm, just like the way we ate it because we could not wait!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or gluten free flour, this is what I used)
- 5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened (or 1/2 cup coconut oil, this is what I used)
- 2 eggs (or an egg replacer)
- 2 tablespoons milk (or rice milk, this is what I used)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½-1 cup dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins or nuts
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter (or coconut oil) and sugar. Stir in eggs (or replacer), milk (or rice milk), vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips (or raisins or nuts) into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm!
.... So if you need to bring a gluten free, dairy free treat to a family or friend event, this banana loaf is perfect. Simple ingredients, very tasty and easy to make.
Happy Sunday and Happy Valentines Day 💋❤️