I made these for a recent event and people were asking me for the recipe, so this is tried and true cookie recipe!
This cookie recipe is called:
I chose to make them sandwiched with home made peach jam in the centre and dressed them up with a sprinkle of icing sugar just to make them a little more special than they already are!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons butter (at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
- Mix flour and baking powder together with a whisk
- Cream sugar and butter together and mix in egg and vanilla until well blended with a mixer on high speed
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix well
- Dough should pull away from bowl
- Cut dough in half and make into 2 logs about 2 " diameter x 6" long.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil and chill or freeze (they will keep up to one month in the freezer)
- When ready to bake cut take out of freezer and thaw or from chilled state cut 1/4" rounds of logs and bake on parchment paper at 350 degrees for about 6 minutes- they should be lightly browned on the edges. Oven temps and time may vary.
- When cool spread jam on one cookie place another on top to sandwich it and dust with icing sugar. Alternatively, eat them as they are baked.
You can also roll the cookie rolls in cinnamon and sugar for a nice cinnamon sugar cookie prior to cutting, mmmmmmmm