Last week Tuesday, you may have seen my blog post about "Radiating Blossoms" using a fabric centre for inspiration and practising free motion quilting out onto the border area. This little quilt ended up being faced as I am going to use it as an art quilt to hang on my bathroom wall.
How to Face a Quilt:
1) When you finish a quilt add 1.5" width all the way around on the length wise and width wise borders
2) Press the outside edge under 1/4" towards the wrong side of your quilt all the way around the perimeter.
5) Quilt your quilt but do not go beyond the frixion markings
6) Sew on the Frixion marking
7) Trim both your backing and batting fabric very close to the line you just stitched but do not cut into the top fabric of your quilt