I used a 60 degree ruler and it was a great time to revisit the use of this wonderful ruler which is really very versatile!
What you will need:
- A 10.5 x 32" piece of background fabric (black)
- One strip WOF (width of fabric) x 2" yellow and white fabric
- One strip WOF x 3.5" of orange fabric
- Batting 10.5 x 32"
- Backing fabric 10.5 x 32"
- Monofilament (invisible thread)
- Neutral thread for piecing
- Black thread for quilting
- Thread spool or small circle template to mark and round corners of your candy corn
- Rotary Cutter
- Marking pencil or pen
- 60 Degree Triangle ruler to allow for an approximately, 7.5" triangle -see picture of the one I used below:
- Sew the three strips of coloured fabric together in the order of white to orange and orange to yellow- refer to the picture below, use a 1/4" seam allowance.
I hope you have a Happy Halloween!