Christmas is coming upon us rapidly. Yikes!
The below project is super easy, a very useful gift and it will cost you very little. 4 wee coasters and a nice candle votive wrapped in basket wrap.
Scraps of Batting 4.5 x 4.5
Scraps of Fabric 4.5 x 4.5" square (8 of them for 4 coasters)
A piece of card board 3.75 x 3.75" square
One small votive candle holder ( I got mine at a gift shop for $3.00)
One small votive candle (to match your fabric)
A sewing machine
Thread to match your fabric
1. Make Littte Quilt Sandwiches: Lay batting down on a hard surface, lay fabric on top of the batting with the top fabric and backing fabric right sides together on top of the batting
2. Sew 1/4" around the perimeter of your quilt sandwich, leaving a 1.5" opening for turning.
3. Clip corners and turn your coaster to the right side.
4. Press and top stitch 1/8" from the edge to close your opening and make your square look finished. You can also quilt in the center if you like.
5. Make 3 more
6. Pile all 4 coasters on top of your card board neatly and place a votive candle holder and candle on top (this will support your votive candle)
7. Wrap with basket wrap and secure with curling ribbon
Happy Tuesday! Merry Christmas Preparations!🌲