Make this easy Infinity scarf in under an hour!
A project that is a great way to start the new year. Get something finished that would be great to wear or to stash away as a gift for someone who loves fabric and colour as much as you do!
I like the idea of this scarf because I can wear it indoors as apposed to the wooly winter infinity scarves which get a bit warm indoors. It is also "hot flash friendly" or great for all you "Hot Ladies"! LOL!
.You will need:
How to make it:
1) Choose 4 fat quarters that you like. Cut down these fat quarters to 17" wide by 20" long, press these.
2) Sew all 4 fat quarters right sides together on the 20" side using a 1/4" seam allowance until you have one long continuous strip.
3) Press all seams open.
4) Fold the whole length of this project in 1/2 on the long side (right sides together), match raw edges, pin seams to match together and sew with a 1/4" seam allowance along the entire long edge.
5) Press seams open once again.
6) Holding onto the open end of the scarf near the seam feed it back through the tube of fabric and pin the seams right sides together and the entire short edge while leaving a 3" opening.
7) Sew a 1/4" seam allowance around the short edges, leaving a 3" opening
8) Turn your tube of fabric through the opening and you will see you have an infinity scarf made with a 3" opening on one seam.
9) Slip stitch the opening closed from the right side with a matching thread.
10) Admire the fruits of your efforts! Wasn't that easy?
Please email me if you have any questions by using our contact page.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, send us pictures of your infinity project by emailing email@example.com, we will be happy to share.
Hi I'm Robin and I am a professional long arm quilter, pattern designer and teacher. I am passionate about all things quilty!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means that we endorse products.
We do receive rewards for these endorsements and this helps to keep this site alive and well.
We support products which we believe are the best quality and to inspire your creativity!