It's that time of the year, a time for fruit to ripen, markets to be open and plentiful sources of fruits and vegetables available.
This very cute pot holder is inspired by the fruits of summer, picnics, potlucks and family get togethers.
It's raspberry pie time!
mmmm my favourite was the pie at Stone Crock in St Jacobs!
What you will need make this "Raspberry Pie":
How to make it:
3. Audition your lattice by cutting 8- 10" lengths and weaving them on your pie fabric. Weave them under and over each other. Glue them in place with a dab of fabric glue.
4. Lay all 3 layers of fabric, the top, Insul-Bright and Backing together as if its a quilt and pin to baste and hold together.
5. Top stitch about 1/8" in on all sides of the lattice with cream coloured threads through all layers. Trim around the edge of your pie.
6. Make a hanging tab by pressing your 5" x 2" piece of fabric in 1/4" on the long sides and then fold it in half encasing the raw edges. Top stitch this to close the finished edge.
7. Press the hanging tab in half and place the raw edges against the edge of the front of your pie where you think it looks best, sew it 1/8" from the edge to secure through all layers. leave the loop laying against the pie top
8. Press your grey binding/pie plate edge fabric in 1/2 to make binding as you would a quilt and sew it slowly to the front edge of your pie. Finger press to the back of your pie and hand stitch in place.
9. Sew on your rick rack by placing the valley of the rick rack just against the inside edge of the binding on the pie fabric and stitching down the centre. You will also need to tuck in the rick rack ends carefully so they look neat.
It's done! Almost good enough to eat and way less calories.
I hope you enjoyed this little project and that you make many "pies" this summer!
Please send us your photos so that we can share all of your productive efforts.
Happy Tuesday! ❤️
Hi I'm Robin and I am a professional long arm quilter, pattern designer and teacher. I am passionate about all things quilty!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means that we endorse products.
We do receive rewards for these endorsements and this helps to keep this site alive and well.
We support products which we believe are the best quality and to inspire your creativity!