Need a hostess gift? There is no time left for an elaborate project?
Christmas is coming upon us rapidly. Yikes!
The below project is super easy, a very useful gift and it will cost you very little. 4 wee coasters and a nice candle votive wrapped in basket wrap.
All you need is:
Scraps of Batting 4.5 x 4.5
Scraps of Fabric 4.5 x 4.5" square (8 of them for 4 coasters)
A piece of card board 3.75 x 3.75" square
One small votive candle holder ( I got mine at a gift shop for $3.00)
One small votive candle (to match your fabric)
A sewing machine
Thread to match your fabric
How to make them:
1. Make Littte Quilt Sandwiches: Lay batting down on a hard surface, lay fabric on top of the batting with the top fabric and backing fabric right sides together on top of the batting
2. Sew 1/4" around the perimeter of your quilt sandwich, leaving a 1.5" opening for turning.
3. Clip corners and turn your coaster to the right side.
4. Press and top stitch 1/8" from the edge to close your opening and make your square look finished. You can also quilt in the center if you like.
5. Make 3 more
6. Pile all 4 coasters on top of your card board neatly and place a votive candle holder and candle on top (this will support your votive candle)
7. Wrap with basket wrap and secure with curling ribbon
Voila! A very useful and pretty hostess gift made in the "Nick" of time!
Happy Tuesday! Merry Christmas Preparations!🌲
Hi I'm Robin and I am a professional long arm quilter, pattern designer and teacher. I am passionate about all things quilty!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means that we endorse products.
We do receive rewards for these endorsements and this helps to keep this site alive and well.
We support products which we believe are the best quality and to inspire your creativity!