Brought to you by quiltingintheloft.com
You can make this baby in 4 hours tops! This was my Sunday project to get me into the spirit of Halloween!
I used a 60 degree ruler and it was a great time to revisit the use of this wonderful ruler which is really very versatile!
What you will need:
Want to get the ruler? You can get it by clicking on the link below:
How to make it:
2. Cut 3 with the narrowest point white (this is what candy corn looks like). You can cut alternate triangles and use them on another project with narrowest tip yellow (to save on fabric). Scroll down to see what I did with alternate triangles
3. Mark and cut the corners of each candy corn to round them.
All 3 candy corn should look like this once trimmed in the corners:
4. Using fusible web or fabric glue, adhere your candy corn to the black backing fabric. Use a small zig zag and invisible thread to sew the edges down and appliqué the candy corns to your background. Tip: use a stabilizer adhered to the wrong side of the background to avoid puckers when using the zig zag stitch
5. Lay your batting down on a hard surface and then your backing right side facing you placed on top of the batting. Place your table runner top, right side down onto the right side of the backing fabric (you have your quilt sandwich now). Pin through all layers on the edge and sew 1/4" from the edge all around the table runner. *Leave a 3" gap for turning*
6. Clip all 4 corners and turn your project to the right side. Press to turn your gap edges in evenly and hand sew your gap closed.
7. Quilt 1/4-1/2" from the edge all the way around on the top and free motion quilt around the candy corn and fairly densely in the background so that your table runner lays flat.
Your project is complete! Enjoy!!
An alternate project is below (think about this in different colours too!)
Do I have you thinking? I sure hope so!
I hope you have a Happy Halloween!
Hi I'm Robin and I am a professional long arm quilter, pattern designer and teacher. I am passionate about all things quilty!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means that we endorse products.
We do receive rewards for these endorsements and this helps to keep this site alive and well.
We support products which we believe are the best quality and to inspire your creativity!