Brought to you by quiltingintheloft.com
I spent the last couple of days at my sisters and teaching my "Simply Colours" class at a business near her and she made this wonderful soup for me! It was delicious.
If you are interested in learning tips on proper methods of canning and preserving as well as money saving advice and ideas check out her website at www.preserveforlife.com
On to the recipe!
You will need:
5-6 cups of chicken stock ( Vegan =vegetable stock) or more as needed- see #4 below
1 1/4 cup red lentils
1 large garlic clove
1/2 large onion, minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 large bell pepper diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 ribs of celery diced
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
4 oz of mushrooms, chopped
1 cup of chopped green beans
1/2 bunch fresh spinach
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp dried basil
2 cups of rice (cooked)
1/4 cup of cilantro (optional)
How to make it:
1. Combine stock, lentils, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Chop your vegetables and add to pot as they are ready along with tomato paste and seasonings
3. Once to a boil, reduce to a simmer and stir every 10-20 minutes until lentils have broken down(at about 60-90 minutes).
4. This is a thick soup , but 1/2" of liquid should cover the vegetables at all times, so add additional stock if needed. When lentils are soft it is ready to eat.
5. Garnish with a scoop of rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro
6. It's even better the next day!!
This was so savoury and warming on a cold winter day!❄️⛄️
Recipe courtesy of www.preserveforlife.com
Hi I'm Robin and I am a professional long arm quilter, pattern designer and teacher. I am passionate about all things quilty!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means that we endorse products.
We do receive rewards for these endorsements and this helps to keep this site alive and well.
We support products which we believe are the best quality and to inspire your creativity!