Brought to you by quiltingintheloft.com
Practice your decorative stitches and make these adorable, affordable and easy felt coasters for valentines day.
Yes I am still stuck on the love theme this month!
Felt is very absorbent and makes great coasters.
They are perfect for gift giving!
.... Or you just may want to keep them for yourself
You will need:
Red Felt (2 layers for each coaster needed)
A Frixion Pen
A rotary cutter with a pinking or wavy blade
A sewing machine with decorative stitches
Threads in Pink, White Lavender and Peach, I used Connecting Threads, Essential Threads, "Salt Water Taffy"
How to make them:
1) Using a heart shape, trace it onto 2 layers of red felt. (You can download for free my shape template from my shop in the free patterns here)
Trace using a Frixion pen, so that when you iron the coaster, the marks go away, it's a wonderful pen!
2) With both layers together, stitch around the perimeter of the heart a generous 1/4".
3) Trim with a wavy rotary cutter blade, close to the edge
4) Choose your threads, I used Connecting Threads -Essential Threads in pinks, lavender, white and a peach pink
5) Choose your stitches and stitch!
It is fun to "audition" these stitches on a small project, that way you know what they look like on something bigger.
Some great gift ideas with this project:
Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy little project!
Hi I'm Robin and I am a professional long arm quilter, pattern designer and teacher. I am passionate about all things quilty!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means that we endorse products.
We do receive rewards for these endorsements and this helps to keep this site alive and well.
We support products which we believe are the best quality and to inspire your creativity!